Terms and Conditions
1. Competition is open to Australian residents only. Entrants must be 18 years or older.
2. NewsLifeMedia employees, Toyota Motor Corporation Australia Ltd (Toyota) employees & their immediate families and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter.
3. Competition commences from 07:00am Wednesday 18th April 2012 and entries close Thursday 11.59pm 30st August, 2012.
4. To enter the Country Style Country Chef of the Year Awards competition and be eligible to win, entrants must go to www.facebook.com//CountryStyleMagazine and complete the official competition entry form with all requested details, and submit in 75 words or less “the name of your favourite country restaurant, and why". Incomplete entries or those with defamatory or offensive content will be ineligible. It is the entrants' responsibility to inform the promoter if their residential address, email address or phone number changes during the competition period.
5. A country restaurant is defined by its location being outside the metropolitan area of any capital city in Australia and one that is open for dinner service on a Friday and Saturday night as a minimum.
6. Competition entries must be: (i) the original independent creation of the entrant (ii) owned by the entrant, and (iii) free of any claims, including copyright or trademark claims, by other parties.
7. Entries must not have been: (i) published previously, (ii) won prizes or awards in other competitions, (iii) be restricted in any way, or (iv) infringe any third party rights.
8. One entry per person will be accepted.
9. Judging will take place from Wednesday 19th September 2012 and winners will be notified by Wednesday 17th October once the Country Chef Of The Year has also been chosen. The judges will choose the entrant and five runners –up with the most creative and original response. Chance plays no part in determining the winner. The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant submitting an entry which, in the opinion of the promoter, includes objectionable content, including but not limited to profanity, nudity, potentially insulting, scandalous, inflammatory or defamatory images or language.
10. The winner will receive a cheque for $3000. The five runners up with receive a copy of Annie’s Garden To Table (Lantern), the new cookbook by Victorian chef Annie Smithers.
11. All winners will be notified by email and or telephone by 17th October 2012. The prize will be sent out to the winners within 28 days.
12. The Prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash. The Prize or any element of the Prize cannot be exchanged for any other prize. The Prize is subject to availability and the terms and conditions of the entities supplying the Prize.
Prize values are the recommended retail values as provided by the suppliers and are correct at the time of printing. The Promoter is neither responsible nor liable for any change in the value of the Prize occurring between publishing date and date the Prize is claimed. All Prize values are in Australian dollars.
14. The finalist chefs from each state will be announced in the November 2012 issue of Country Style magazine (on sale from Wednesday 24th October 2012 to 20th November) and the winner will be announced in the December issue of Country Style magazine (on sale from Wednesday 21st November 2012 to 17th December 2012).
15. All Prize winners are advised that Tax implications may arise from their Prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of their Prize.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow the Prize winner or his or her guest to take part in any or all aspects of the Prize, if the Promoter determines, in its absolute discretion, that a Prize winner or his or her guest are not in the mental or physical condition necessary to be able safely to participate in the Prize.
17. No responsibility will be accepted by the Promoter for late, lost or misdirected entries and all entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt of the entry into the Promoter's database and NOT time of transmission by the entrant. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for outdated or incorrect contact details or contact details by which the entrant cannot be contacted during business hours on the relevant dates.
18. A decision of the Promoter in relation to the conduct of the competition is binding and conclusive and no correspondence will be entered into.
19. Entrants enter the competition at their sole risk. With the exception of liability which cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter or Toyota shall not be liable for any loss or damage which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for personal injury suffered or sustained as a result of taking the Prize or entering the competition.
20. Entrants consent to the use of his or her name, state of residence and entry for promotional and marketing purposes and agrees to participate in reasonable promotional activities as requested by the Promoter and/or Toyota. This includes publishing their entries for promotional purposes. All entries become the property of the Promoter and will be used for the purpose of promoting the Country Chef of The Year competition. All personal details of entrants will be stored electronically at the office of the Promoter or its agency acting on its behalf in relation to this promotion. Entrants consent to unlimited use of their written entry and name only. Winners consent to the Promoter and Toyota (or Toyota dealers) using the entrant's name, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) and written entry in any media for an unlimited period of time without remuneration or compensation for the purpose of promoting, publicising or marketing this promotion (including any outcome). Entrants and winners are able to withdraw their consent at any time with regard to their name, likeness, image and/or voice.
21. The judges will choose the winner of the Country Chef of The Year. Judging will take place from the 19th September 2012 through til the 16th October 2012. The winner will be notified by the 17th October and will be announced in the December issue of Country Style magazine which is on sale from Wednesday 21st November 2012 to 17th December 2012 . Chance plays no part in determining the winner. The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant submitting an entry which, in the opinion of the promoter, includes objectionable content, including but not limited to profanity, nudity, potentially insulting, scandalous, inflammatory or defamatory images or language. The winner agrees to participate in all reasonable promoted activities in relation to the Promotion as requested by the Promoter, Toyota and their agents including a review of their prize experience.
22. NewsLife Media collects your information to include you in this competition and will disclose the information to others who help us run the competition. We may also use the information to assist us in improving our goods and services and to contact you in the future in regard to our other goods and services. We may share your information with other persons or entities that assist us in performing the above or with another company which provides prizes for the competition. You can contact us to gain access to your personal information by writing to The Privacy Officer, NewsLifeMediaPty Limited, GPO Box 4236 Sydney NSW 2001
24.If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of, entries. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by the Promoter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this competition. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR THE INFORMATION ON A WEBSITE, OR TO OTHERWISE UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS COMPETITION, MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, WHETHER SUCCESSFUL OR NOT, THE PROMOTER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
25. In the case of the intervention of any outside agent or event which naturally changes the result or prevents or hinders its determination, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strikes; the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions subject to state legislation.
26. The Promoter is NewsLifeMedia Proprietary Limited, 180 Bourke Road, Alexandria NSW 2015. ABN: 57 088 923 906