Conditions of entry for ABC Gardening Australia magazine 2012 Gardener of the Year
1. Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these conditions of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of the terms and conditions.
2. Entry is open only to all residents of Australia aged 18 years or over who satisfy the entry requirements stated in term 9.
3. The Promoter is NewsLifeMedia Pty Ltd. Employees of NewsLifeMedia and their advertising agencies, newsagents, subagents, respective employees and their immediate families are ineligible to enter.
4. Promotion commences 12:01am (AEST) on 23rd January 2012 and closes 11.59pm (AEST) on 27th July 2012 (promotional period) and the entries will be judged from 12:00pm 30th July 2012 at NewsLifeMedia, 170-180 Bourke Road, Alexandria, NSW, 2015. All times referred to in these conditions are all Australian Eastern Standard Time. Entries will be judged by a panel of judges from NewsLifeMedia. This competition is a game of skill, so chance plays no part in determining the winner.
5. All finalists will be notified by phone by 8th October 2012 and in writing within 7 days of telephone notification.
6. Winner of Gardener of the Year for 2012 will be notified by phone by 12th November 2012 and in writing within 7 days of telephone notification.
7. Entrants consent to the use of his or her name, state of residence, pictures and entry for promotional and marketing purposes and agree to participate in reasonable promotional activities as requested by the promoter.
8. Judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
9. To enter, Participants must answer in 300 words or less, tell us about you and your passion for gardens, and describe your gardening journey. Provide photographs (prints, disk or email), preferably ‘before’ shots and photos of your whole garden, a sketch of the layout and a completed entry form. Include a stamped, self-addressed envelope if you’d like your entry returned. Send entries to:
- Mail: Gardener of the Year competition, ABC Gardening Australia magazine, Locked Bag 5030, Alexandria, NSW 2015, and include their answer, name, address, telephone number and email on the official entry form.
10. There is 1 major prize package awarded to the winner of 2012 Gardener of the Year valued at up to AU$15,350. Prize includes:
a. A Golden spade from Digadoo valued at $250
b. A Seasol hamper with $100 worth of gardening products
c. AU$5000 cash from Seasol
d. A holiday for four to Norfolk Island valued at $10,000. Holiday includes:
- Return premium economy travel for four people departing from Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne or Newcastle
- 7 nights’ accommodation at Shiralee Executive Cottages
- Convertible car hire for the duration of your stay
- Half-day orientation tour, Sound & Light show, Wonderland by Night and Mutiny on the Bounty show provided by Pinetree Tours
- Gardener’s Delight half-day tour provided by Norfolk Touring Co
- Dinner voucher to a local restaurant from Norfolk Island Tourism
- Passes to the four Kingston museums provided by the museums
- Art Trail and Edible Gardens tours provided by Baunti Escapes
- Handmade chocolates and confectionery provided by Jes Himi
- Two Chimneys Winery lunch platter and bottle of wine
- Souvenir welcome pack on arrival for the lucky winner
- Pamper voucher from Norfolk Island Tourism
11. There are 4 finalist packages valued at up to AU$620. Prize includes:
a. A silver trowel from Digadoo valued at $55
b. A Seasol hamper with $100 worth of gardening products
12. Total prize pool valued up to AU$15,970.
13. Prize value is accurate at the time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prize. All prize values are in Australian dollars.
14. This prize package may not be combined with any other voucher or offer.
15. Holiday to Norfolk Island prize must be taken by 1st October 2013 and is subject to hotel, flight and experience availability. The prize is not available during peak times such as public holidays and school holidays (if applicable) and cannot be changed once the booking has been made.
16. The winner and travelling companions must travel at the same time, must depart from the same capital city and are responsible for transport from their residence to Sydney, Brisbane Melbourne or Newcastle for flight departure.
17. Air tickets are available on the regular scheduled services of each airline and are subject to seasonal embargos. Flight itinerary may have to be adjusted depending on the airlines departure city and their current flight schedule. Frequent Flyer points are not applicable.
18. Travel documentation, including travel insurance, additional accommodation, spending money, meals & drinks (unless specified), transfers, laundry charges, activities (unless specified), energy surcharges, gratuities, service charges and all other ancillary costs are the prize winner’s responsibility.
19. A credit card imprint or cash deposit may be required from the winner at check-in to the hotel, for all incidental charges. Once accommodation has been booked, they are non-changeable.
20. Prize is not transferable and has no cash value.
21. NewsLifeMedia collects your information to assist us in providing the goods or services you have requested, to process your competition entries and to improve our products and services. We or any of our Australian-related companies may be in touch by any means (including email or SMS) at any time to let you know about goods, services or promotions which may be of interest to you. We may also share your information with other persons or entities who assist us in providing our services, running competitions or with other companies who provide prizes for competitions or reader offers. This company is part of a global media and entertainment company. We would like to share your information with these overseas-related companies so that they can contact you with special offers. If you would prefer us not to, please contact our privacy officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or send your request to Locked Bag 5030, Alexandria, NSW 2015. You can gain access to your personal information by contacting our privacy officer.
22. Entries without the required information will be deemed incomplete and will not count towards an entry into the Promotion.
23. Entrants confirm and promise that their entry is original and does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party.
24. Winners must take the prize as offered. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
25. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize of equal or great value if the prize is for some reason unavailable subject to gaming authority approval.
26. Should an entrant’s contact details change during the promotional period, it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter.
27. The Promoter is not responsible for lost, late, incomprehensible or incorrect entries in the competition. We also accept no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from prize winnings in the competition. You should seek Independent financial advice about such matters.
28. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency, disaster or (without limitation) any other event outside our reasonable control, we are entitled to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition - subject to any written directions from the various regulatory bodies responsible for supervising the conduct of the competition.
29. If for any reason the competition is not capable of running as planned (including but not limited to) technical failures, unauthorised intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond our control which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, we are entitled in our sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and (subject to any written directions given by the various Lotteries Departments), to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition.
30. The winners release the Promoter from any and all causes of action, losses, liability, damage, expense (including legal expenses) cost or charge suffered, sustained or in any way incurred by the winner as a result of any loss or damage to any physical property of the winner, or any injury to or death of any person arising out of, or related to, or in any way connected with the Promoters or the prize.
31. In the event of a third party other than the promoter canceling any event related to this prize, the Promoter cannot be held responsible.
32. The Promoter is NewsLifeMedia PTY LTD of 170-180 Bourke Road, Alexandria NSW 2015 ABN 57 088 923 906. Phone 02 8062 2434.