NewsLifeMedia Pty Ltd
Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. Entry is open to all residents of Australia who are 18 years of age or over. However, employees and their immediate families of NewsLifeMedia Pty Ltd, Salmat IDR Pty Limited, and their associated agencies and companies are not eligible to enter.
3. The competition commences on Wednesday 13th June 2012 at 00:01 (AEST) and concludes on Wednesday 15th August 2012 at 23:59 (AEST).
4. This competition is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner.
5. The competition will be advertised in the Australian Golf Digest magazine and also on www.golfdigestpromotions.com.au.
6. To enter, Participants must visit www.golfdigestpromotions.com.au during the promotional period and follow the instructions to enter their full name, address, postcode, email address and answer to the question ‘In 25 words or less ‘What it is about the all-new Lexus GS that gets your motor racing?
7. Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
8. Entrants in the competition may only enter once per person.
9. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity, in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
10. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or Promoter. This includes, but not limited, to entrants and households using multiple email addresses to register multiple entries. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
11. Entries must be received by 23:59 (AEST) on Wednesday 15th August 2012. The time of entry will in each case be the time the online is received by the Salmat Digital Pty Limited database. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
12. Any entry that is made on behalf of an Entrant by a third party will be invalid.
13. The cost of accessing the promotional website will be dependant on the entrant’s individual Internet Service Provider.
14. One (1) major winner will receive golf prize package, which includes:
• 3 rounds of golf for two at Barnbougle Dunes, Lost Farm and Country Club Tasmania, valued up to $500 (including GST)
• 2 night stay for two, in the 5 star manor suite at Country Club Tasmania, Country Club Ave, Prospect Vale, TAS 7250, including breakfast and dinner, valued up to $3,500 (including GST)
• 1 night stay for two at the 5 star Lost Farm Hotel, 429 Waterhouse Rd, Bridport, TAS 7262, valued up to $500 (including GST)
• Private dining for two at Tasmania’s most awarded restaurant, The Terrace, valued up to $515 (including GST)
• Economy airfares and transfers for the winner and their companion from the winner’s nearest capital city to Hobart, valued up to $1,000
• Up to a 4 day loan of a Lexus GS 350 vehicle, valued up to $6000.
• 1 Lexus Chev 18 golf bag, valued at $285
15. Total prize value is valued up to a maximum of $12,300 (including GST)
16. Prizes cannot be transferred and cannot be redeemed for cash.
17. The winner and their companion are responsible for all other expenses including spending money, meals (unless specified), drinks, transfers (unless specified), laundry charges, activities (unless specified), incidentals, taxes (excluding departure and any other flight associated taxes included within the prize), energy surcharges, gratuities, services charges, passports, visas, travel insurance and all other ancillary costs. Travel insurance is highly recommended to protect against the additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
18. The winner and travelling companion must travel at the same time, must depart from the same capital city and are responsible for transport from their residence to their nearest capital city for flight departure (Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide or Perth. If the winner resides in Hobart then the flight component of the prize will not be included and the winner and their travelling companion will responsible for making their way to and from the Country Club Tasmania.
19. The prize must be redeemed by Sunday 30th June 2013 and is subject to hotel and flight availability. The prize is not available during peak times such as public holidays and school holidays (if applicable) and cannot be changed once the booking has been made.
20. Air tickets are available on the regular scheduled services of each airline and are subject to seasonal embargos. Flight itinerary may have to be adjusted depending on the airlines departure city and their current flight schedule. Frequent Flyer points are not available from any airline.
21. A credit card imprint or cash deposit may be required from the winner at check-in to the hotel, for all incidental charges. Once accommodation vouchers are issued they are non-changeable.
22. NewsLifeMedia Pty Ltd and Salmat IDR Pty Limited, make no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination.
23. The winner must comply and agree to enter into any / all required Lexus Australia agreements at the time of the loan for the purposes of hire and or insurance. The vehicle cannot be driven out of 200km from the metropolitan area it is loaned from and must only be driven on sealed roads.
24. In the event that the vehicle is involved in an accident or damaged in anyway, an Accident/Damage Report in the form required by Lexus Australia must be completed and forwarded to the Lexus Australia dealer that the vehicle was collected from within 24 hours of the damage occurring. Repairs to the vehicle are not to be undertaken without the written consent of Lexus Australia or its appointed assessor.
25. Lexus Australia retains the title to the vehicle and the winner must not purport to sell, pledge, mortgage, lend, transfer, or in anyway encumber the vehicle. All costs relating to insurance, registration, service, repairs, etc, of the vehicle will be borne by Lexus Australia except for the following items which the winner will be responsible for including but not limited to any negligent act performed by the driver or passengers involving the said vehicle: any loss or damage caused to, or by, the vehicle should the winner (or driver) be intoxicated or under the influence of medication or drugs whilst in control of the said vehicle: or any fines or penalties incurred for traffic infringements whilst the vehicle is in the custody and control of the winner (or nominated driver). The winner is to return the car to Lexus Australia immediately upon completion of the Lexus Australia and if the winner fails to do this, Lexus Australia is irrevocably authorised to enter any premises in which they believe the vehicle to be situated and take possession of and remove the vehicle.
26. The winner will be responsible for, including but not limited to any negligent act performed by the driver or passengers involving the said vehicle: any loss or damage caused to, or by, the vehicle should the winner (or driver) be intoxicated or under the influence of medication or drugs whilst in control of the said vehicle: or any fines or penalties incurred for traffic infringements whilst the vehicle is in the custody and control of the winner (or nominated driver). The driver of the car must have a current Australian State or Territory license (which is not under suspension or cancellation) as at the date on which the winner (or companion) is to drive the vehicle.
27. Unless expressly stated in these terms and conditions all other expenses including installation costs, travel to and from the departure point etc, become the responsibility of the winner.
28. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value.
29. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow a winner to take part in any or all aspects of the prize, if the promoter determines, in their absolute discretion, that a winner is not in the mental or physical condition necessary to be able to safely participate in the prize. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the promoter in its absolute discretion.
30. Once prizes have left the Promoter’s premises, the Promoter takes no responsibility for prizes damaged, delayed or lost in transit.
31. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media editorial requests relating to the prize, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed, filmed and/or chaperoned throughout the duration of the prize.
32. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby assigns to the Promoter all right, title and interest in and to all copyright in any material created pursuant to the winner’s participation in any aspect of the prize (Works). The winner acknowledges that the Promoter is free to use the Works and to exercise its rights in relation thereto and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
33. Entrants consent to the Promoter and Lexus to use the entrant's name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are the winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period of time without remuneration or compensation for the purpose of promoting, publicising or marketing this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products or services manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter. The winner agrees to participate in all reasonable promoted activities in relation to the Promotion as requested by the Promoter, Lexus and their agents. The winner may also be required to blog/write/Facebook/Twitter about their Lexus driving prize experience.
34. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
35. Prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of printing (inclusive of GST). The promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
36. Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
37. Each valid entrant who has entered the competition over the duration of the promotional period will be entered into the prize determination. One (1) valid entrant will have their entry judged based on originality and creative merit to become the winner. The prize determination will take place at NewsLifeMedia Pty Ltd of 180 Bourke Rd, Alexandria, NSW 2060, from Friday 17th August 2012 at 11:00 (AEST).
38. If any particular prize determination is scheduled on a public holiday, the prize determination will be conducted on the following business day.
39. The winner will be notified within 2 days of the prize determination. The winner will be notified of their prize in writing.
40. Prizes will be awarded to person named in the entry. However, in a dispute, will be awarded to the email address holder.
41. Should an entrant’s contact details change during the promotional period, it is the entrant's responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to Promoter.
42. An unclaimed prize determination will take place at NewsLifeMedia Pty Ltd of 180 Bourke Rd, Alexandria, NSW 2060 from Monday 19th November 2012 at 11:00 (AEST). The winner will be notified within 2 days of the prize determination. The winner will be notified of their prize in writing.
43. The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the Competition result.
44. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
45. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the promoter in its absolute discretion.
46. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions.
47. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by the phone user or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
48. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
49. NewsLifeMedia Pty Ltd, Salmat Digital Pty Limited and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
50. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition.
51. All entries become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects personal information about you to enable you to participate in this promotion but no further use of this information will be made without prior consent.
52. All entries become the property of The Promoter. All opt-in entries will be entered into a database and The Promoter may use the entrant’s names, addresses and telephone numbers for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice and without any fee being paid unless otherwise advised by the entrant. By opting-in, entrants confirm that they allow their details to be used for this purpose. If entrants no longer consent to their details being used for future marketing purposes, the entrant should contact The Promoter on their details set out below. Any request to update, modify or delete the entrant’s details should be directed to The Promoter.
54. Salmat Digital Pty Limited, on behalf of NewsLifeMedia Pty Ltd is collecting the entrant's personal information for the purpose of conducting and promoting this competition (including but not limited to determining and notifying winner). The entrant's personal information may be disclosed to Salmat IDR Pty Limited for this purpose. If you are not willing for this to occur you cannot participate in the Promotion.
55. The Promoter is NewsLifeMedia Pty Ltd (ABN: 57 088 923 906) of 180 Bourke Road, Alexandria, NSW 2015.