1. Information on how to enter forms part of these conditions. Entry into the competition constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. Entry is only open to Australian residents 18 years and over. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter.
3. The promotion commences at 12.00am AEST on 15/08/2011 and closes at 5.00pm AEST on 19/08/2011 (Promotion Period).
4. To enter, consumers must ‘like’ ‘MasterChef Magazine’ on Facebook and post their answer as a comment to the Promoter’s competition post: “Tell us about the most challenging recipe you have conquered.”
5. There will be 10 prize winners chosen by a judging panel based on the creativity and wit of the question asked. The judging will take place on 22/08/2011. The winners’ names will be published on Facebook. To redeem the prize, the winners are required to email their full name, address and phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org by 29/08/2011. The winner’s name will also be published on Taste.com.au from 24/08/2011.
6. There are 10 x Junior MasterChef Board Games to be won, each valued at RRP$30.
7. The maximum total retail value of the prize pool is $300. MasterChef Magazine accepts no responsibility for any variation of the prizes.
8. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The Prize is not exchangeable, transferable or redeemable for cash.
9. MasterChef Magazine accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value or make-up of the prizes or any event that occurs that is beyond the Promoter's control. The winner also acknowledges that the prizes may be subject to additional terms and conditions imposed by third parties. MasterChef Magazine does not accept any responsibility and is not liable for additional conditions imposed by third party nor for the breach of those conditions by any person.
10. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and reserves the right to disqualify any entrant for tampering with the entry process or for submitting an entry which is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
11. The Promoter reserves the right to rejudge in the event of any entrant being unable to satisfy these competition conditions or forfeiting or not claiming a prize. If any prize remains unclaimed or forfeited through ineligibility or otherwise, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to the entry judged as the next most creative entry received. The winner’s name will be published on Taste.com.au from 24/06/2011.
12. All entries become the property of MasterChef Magazine. All entries will be entered into a database and MasterChef Magazine may use the entrants' names, addresses, telephone numbers and the winners' names and addresses and photographs for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice and without any fee being paid unless otherwise advised by the entrant. Entrants will not be contacted by the third party.
13. MasterChef Magazine shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever that is suffered by any entrant or winner (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss), or for any personal injury suffered or sustained as a result of taking any prize, except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law. MasterChef Magazine shall not be responsible for any entries that are not received or are otherwise interfered with due to problems with the Internet or telecommunications services.
14. If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned due to any reason, including unauthorised intervention, fraud, or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process.
15. In the case of the intervention of any outside agent or event which naturally changes the result or prevents or hinders its determination, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strikes; the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the promotion and recommence it from the start on the same conditions subject to state legislation.
16. The Promoter is News Magazines Pty Ltd ABN 57 088 923 906 180 Bourke Road, Alexandria, NSW 2015.