Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these conditions of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of the terms and conditions.
1. Entry is open to all Australian residents aged 18 years or over who are a valid and current or a new subscriber to Vogue Entertaining + Travel during the promotional period.
2. The Promoter is News Magazines PTY LTD. Employees of News Magazine and their advertising agencies, newsagents, subagents, respective employees and their immediate families are ineligible to enter.
3. Promotion commences 15/07/2009 at 12:01am and ends at 15/09/2009 at 11:59pm (the promotional period) and the winner will be drawn at 2:00pm Friday 18th September 2009 at Salmat Interactive, Innovation Place, Level 17, 100 Arthur St, North Sydney, NSW 2060. All times refer to Australian Eastern Time.
4. Winners will be notified in writing within 7 working days of the draw. The prize winners of prizes with a prize value over $250 will be published in the Public Notices section of The Australian Wednesday 23rd September 2009. Judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
5. If a prize is unclaimed, a second draw will be held at 2:00pm (EST) on Monday 21st December 2009 at the office of Salmat Interactive, Innovation Place, Level 17, 100 Arthur St, North Sydney, NSW 2060 subject to any written directions given by the relevant state lotteries offices and their name will be published in the public notices section of The Australian on Monday 28th December 2009.
6. There are 5 prizes to be won: 3 x Tefal Minut’Cook pressure cooker, valued $249.95 each (total value $749.85); 1 x 4 x (six bottles) cases of Robert Oatley new-release wines. Wines include Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Shiraz and Cabernet Merlot, valued at $600; 1 x Vibe Entertains Package including 2 nights’ accommodation at a Vibe Hotel, twin-share in Sydney, Melbourne, Darwin or the Gold Coast, full buffet breakfast for two, Vibe Entertains cookbook, valued at $805. See clause 12 for additional terms and conditions.
7. An electronic draw will be conducted and the prizes will be awarded to the first 5 valid entries drawn. Prizes will be allocated in the prize order as shown above.
8. The total prize pool is valued up to $2154.85.
9. A maximum limit of one prize will be awarded to any entrant whose valid entry is drawn, (with the exception of residents of SA who are not subject to this limitation).
10. Should a winner of a case of wine be from the Northern Territory, the wine will be substituted with cash to the prize value of the prize. This applies to Northern Territory participants only.
11. Vibe Hotels – Terms & Conditions In the event that, for any reason whatsoever, a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by Vibe, then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element. Prize is non-refundable, non-endorsable and non-transferable. Bookings are subject to availability and seasonal embargo periods apply. The Vibe Hotel prize is for two consecutive nights’ accommodation in a Vibe twin share in a Vibe Hotel in Sydney, Melbourne, Darwin or the Gold Coast and includes full buffet breakfast for two people daily and a Vibe Entertains cook book. Prize does not include any extra charges (ie, mini-bar, in-house movie, telephone usage, etc). Bookings should be made in advance to avoid disappointment. All prizes are subject to availability. Additional spending money, meals, insurance, taxes, passports, visas, travel to and from the hotel and all other ancillary costs are the responsibility of the winner. Unless expressly stated, all other expenses become the responsibility of the winner. Winners must provide the hotel with a credit card upon check-in to cover any incidentals incurred during the stay. Winners will be issued with a Vibe Hotels Gift Certificate valid at a Vibe Hotel of the winner’s choice in Sydney, Melbourne, Darwin or the Gold Coast for six months from date of issue. The winner and travelling companion are responsible for transport from their residence to the Vibe Hotel of their choice in Sydney, Melbourne, Darwin or the Gold Coast. If the winner is under the age of 18 as at the date of the draw, an adult must accompany the minor in the participation of the prize. The prize is not available during peak times such as public holidays and school holidays (if applicable) and the bookings can only be changed at the hotel’s discretion. Once accommodation vouchers are issued, they are non-changeable.
12. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes. All prize values are in Australian dollars.
13. Once the prize has left the Promoters premises the Promoter does not take responsibility of prizes damaged or delayed in transit.
14. It is the entrant’s responsibility to advise the Promoter of any change of personal details.
15. Prizes are not transferable to other parties or transferable or redeemable for cash (as per clause 11) or kind in full or for any part thereof.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize of equal or greater value if the prize is for some reason unavailable subject to gaming authority approval.
17. We are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by you or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in the competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of the competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
18. We are not responsible for lost, late, incomprehensible or incorrect entries in the competition. We also accept no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from prize winnings in the competition. You should seek Independent financial advice about such matters.
19. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency, disaster or (without limitation) any other event outside our reasonable control, we are entitled to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition - subject to any written directions from the various regulatory bodies responsible for supervising the conduct of the competition (the Lotteries Departments).
20. If for any reason the competition is not capable of running as planned (including but not limited to) technical failures, unauthorised intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond our control which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, we are entitled in our sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and (subject to any written directions given by the various Lotteries Departments), to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition.
21. The winners release the Promoter from any and all causes of action, losses, liability, damage, expense (including legal expenses) cost or charge suffered, sustained or in any way incurred by the winner as a result of any loss or damage to any physical property of the winner, or any injury to or death of any person arising out of, or related to, or in any way connected with the Promoters or the prize.
22. In the event of a promoter other than News Magazines cancelling any event related to this prize, News Magazines cannot be held responsible.
23. All entries become the property of the Promoters. All entries will be entered into a database and the Promoter may use the entrants’ names and addresses for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes.
24. The winner agrees to participate in any news media activities surrounding the promotion.
25. News Magazines collects your information to include you in this competition and will disclose the information to others who help us run the competition. We may also use the information to assist us in improving our goods and services and to contact you in the future in regard to our other goods and services. We may share your information with other persons or entities that assist us in performing the above or with another company which provides prizes for the competition. You can contact us to gain access to your personal information by writing to The Privacy Officer, News Magazines Pty Limited, GPO Box 4236, Sydney, NSW 2001. 26. The Promoter is News Magazines PTY LTD of 180 Bourke Rd, Alexandria, NSW 2015 ABN 57 088 923 906 Authorised under NSW Permit No: LTPS/09/05040, ACT Permit No: TP 09/02189.